Thursday 12 July 2012

How I see myself in the photography world

Hi, my name is Dominique and for as long as I can remember I have had this great love for taking photographs.

I started out at about the age of 7 with a black, plastic Kodak film camera. I remember my mother used to always be so upset with me coz I never took any photos of me with my friends at choir camps etc. I would always capture "the environment" I was in, all of my surroundings like the wooden houses we slept in or the open fields around us.

Later on at the age of about 11 I startes using my cell phone, I had a Nokia 6230i, which had a 1.3 Mega Pixel camera!!! Ha ha ha I took the most beautiful images (I won't call them photo's) with this little cell phone and I enjoyed it so much! I think that is where my passion, crave and love started; with my old Nokia cell phone.

Since then I have always had small hand held digital camera's, I always stuck to Nikon, maybe because they were easy on the pocket and I liked the way they looked. I am now (since January 2012) on a Canon 1000D, which I love so very much!!! My boyfriend bought it for me along with a simple "starter" lense and a tripod. I am so inlove and still enjoy it so much everyday. As finances allow I am going to buy bigger and better lenses.

I love photography and even though this hobby makes for such a huge scary world, I am working hard to achieve what I want this to turn into. It will forever stay my passion and a massive part of my life as a hobby, what I love to do...

1 comment:

  1. You just keep on rocking with that camera girl and live your dream.

    ReplyDelete